Strategy and Goals
BISSELL’s sustainability commitment begins with setting corporate sustainability goals and building a strategy for effectively pursuing those goals. Our ForEverGreen Team is key to the development and execution of our goals and strategy. Established in 2006, this team is made up of BISSELL associates who are responsible for researching, communicating, and implementing strategies to improve BISSELL's environmental practices in product design, packaging, logistics, and facility design and operation. Through the ForEverGreen Team, we have developed a framework for driving sustainability throughout our organization. Our goals are ambitious yet achievable and our strategy is clearly understood. We use the same process for establishing environmental goals and measuring progress toward these as we do for all other corporate goals. A strong commitment from our CEO and Senior Management Team is essential to ensuring that these goals are met.
With this year’s goals, BISSELL aims to achieve continued improvements within our own operations. We’re also extending our commitment to sustainability beyond our factory walls, in partnership with suppliers and retailers.
Within our own operations, we are:
- Driving further reductions in energy and water consumption and generation of waste.
- Investigating opportunities to expand the use of recycled content and incorporate other sustainable product design features across our product portfolio without compromising product and/or packaging performance and reliability.
- Researching new tools and processes to strengthen our ability to measure performance against all of our environmental sustainability goals, record improvements over time, and establish future reduction targets.
To extend our commitment beyond our own operations, we are:
- Developing a set of new sustainability guidelines for our suppliers. We will roll these out initially to our major suppliers (i.e. contract manufacturers and major suppliers of raw materials, parts, and components for both our finished goods and cleaning formulas) to maximize environmental benefits from this new program. Guidelines will aim to reduce energy, water consumption, waste and other significant environmental impacts associated with the production of BISSELL products.
- Continuing to work with retailers and suppliers to minimize the environmental impacts associated with product transportation and logistics.